The 2017 GEO Work Programme Symposium will be held back-to-back with the 37th International Symposium of Remote Sensing (ISRSE), in Tshwane, South Africa, the week of 8-13 May 2017.
The ISRSE thematic areas are aligned with GEO’s areas of focus and Societal Benefit Areas (SBAs). Abstracts for the conference themes may be submitted by 22 November 2016 here:
Please inform Douglas Cripe (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the GEO Secretariat if you do submit an abstract.
In support of the Work Programme Symposium, there are eight GEO special sessions in which you are encouraged to submit an abstract:
- 04-1 GEOGLAM – Beyond crop monitoring, form data to actionable knowledge;
- 04-4 Towards a new philosophy for generating land cover;
- 10-2 The GFOI as a R&D promoter toward operational tropical forest monitoring systems;
- 11-2 Innovative infrastructure for delivering Earth Observations solutions;
- 11-4 Implementing GEOSS Data Sharing and Management Principles at the national level in Africa;
- 12-2 GEO in-situ observation networks;
- 13-2 GEOSS Common Infrastructure for Africa; and
- 13-5 Implementing the GEO user needs and gaps process: expectations, opportunities and challenges.
To contribute to these special sessions, please submit your abstract by 24 November 2016 using this link: